Christmas is coming up! Did you find any Christmas gifts during Black Friday? I wasn’t supposed to buy anything BUT found some great deals (on stuff I was going to buy anyway) so I couldn’t help myself.. At least I didn’t get anything that I won’t use. I found some Christmas gifts as well, and I’m actually almost done with the Christmas shopping, and it’s not even December yet? That’s a first!
This Christmas I wanted to do something special for my boyfriend, and therefor made a Christmas calendar! Can’t tell you exactly what’s in it (since he might go in here and take a sneak peak), BUT I’ll give you some ideas for Christmas calendar gifts. Anyway, here we go, my DIY Christmas calendar step by step:
What you need to make a Christmas calendar
- A branch
- Led lights (bought mine at HobbyLobby- here)
Tie the greenery to the branch. But it doesn’t have to be all stuck, since the led lights will do that job.
Swirl the led lights around the greenery and the branch. These led lights are really good since they are made out of a thin wire.
Add a ribbon in the ends of the branch.
Add the gifts! Then hang it wherever works best for you! I had two screws already up on the wall so I used them.
Yup, it’s really that easy! The harder part is getting all the gifts. And I didn’t want to buy anything that my boyfriend doesn’t need/want. So I recommend you to start writing down everything you can think of that he or she likes, and start getting all the gifts as soon as possible!
Ideas for advent calendar filling for a boyfriend/girlfriend:
- His/hers favorite candy (you can always fill two och three with these)
- A lottery ticket
- His/hers favorite schampoo or any other beauty product
- A love note (for example: “Things I look forward to do with you:”
- A coupon with 15 minutes of massage
- Another coupon that’s a “joker”, saying he/she needs to give you a massage (SPOILER ALERT FOR MY BOYFRIEND, I used this one, hehe)
- A pocketbook (usually much cheaper than hard ones)
- His/hers favorite beer or a smaller bottle of prosecco
Ideas for advent calendar filling for a kid
- Activity coupon
- Temporary tattoos
- Friendship bracelets
- His/hers favorite candy
- Bouncy balls
- Bath bomb
Good luck with your calendar, and remember- It’s the thought that counts!1