This weekend I had my mum here, and I had planned to make a huge brunch! For a couple of weeks ago I saw an Instagram post of lemon and raspberry pancakes, and I haven’t stopped thinking about them. Am I the only one who’s craving for lemony stuff at summer? So, for the brunch today, I decided to give them a try! And wow, this is not the last time I’m making these for breakfast/brunch.
So I figure I can share the recipe with you as well! So if you are looking for the best brunch recipe to feed a crowd, look no further!
Lemon and raspberry pancakes
Servings: 8 pancakes
- 2 1/2 dl (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsk (2 tsp) baking powder
- 2 msk (2 tblsp) sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 dl (1 cup) milk
- 2 msk (2 tblsp) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon, both the zest and the juice (or 2 if you want them more sour)
- Frozen raspberries
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar & salt).
- Add the milk and whisk it well.
3. Add the egg and whisk it.
4. And add the melted butter and shape it to a heart. Lol, no. No need to shape it.
5. Add lemon zest and lemon juice. I only had one lemon and to be honest regretted it a little bit. The pancakes DID have a taste of lemon but I wouldn’t mind a little extra lemon flavor.
6. Add raspberries and whisk it.
7. In a nonstick cast iron skillet, melt some butter over medium/ high heat and add the batter (make them how big you want them to be. I used about 1 dl (0,4 cups) for one pancake. Flip them over when the start to get a few air bubbles, and continue to fry them until both sides got a goldenish color.
8. The result!
They. Are. Amazing. No joke! My mum really loved them too. You can always add some cream cheese drizzle or if you have any other favorite toppings. If you like pancakes, and you like the taste of lemon, go for it! You can find more of my recipes (a lot of brunch ideas) here, and head to my Pinterest for more goodies.0